The Kuwait-America Foundation has multiple full- and part-time paid internships available beginning in May. All interns will observe first-hand the workings of a non-profit organization in the heart of Washington, D.C. and will have the opportunity to meet prominent local and national political figures and community leaders.
Intern positions are available for Spring/Summer nternships with flexible start and end dates. Interns work primarily on the “Do the Write Thing” Challenge Program with a special focus on the National Recognition Week held in July.
- Helping plan and administer the Washington, D.C. “Do the Write Thing” local ceremony held in June
- Helping select candidates for the Washington, D.C. “Do the Write Thing” Internship Program
- Helping plan and administer the National Recognition Week held in July
- Scheduling meetings with Congressional Representatives for National Recognition Week attendees and leading the various delegations to their respective meetings
- Helping maintain and update both the Kuwait-America Foundation and the “Do the Write Thing” websites
- Performing routine administrative tasks including photocopying, filing, faxing, and mailing
- Maintaining and updating KAF’s database
- Open to college and graduate students, or individuals with at least 1-2 years work experience
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Exceptional attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Ability to balance multiple deadlines and complete tasks assigned on short, but reasonable notice
- Ability to work independently and to take initiative
- Strong computer skills, including working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work effectively under pressure without close supervision
- Ability to get along well with people from diverse backgrounds
To apply, please submit a resume, three (3) references, and a cover letter detailing your previous experience and why you would like to work at the Kuwait-America Foundation to firstname.lastname@example.org, referencing summer internship in the subject line, or by fax at 202.293.4485 attention Executive Director.